This Policy applies to all job seekers to whom services are provided by IDC Technologies, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “IDC”) and its group companies. IDC Technologies Inc. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy (together with other documents referred to herein) describes how the information we may receive from you is used, disclosed, and protected. Our goal in this Employee Privacy Statement is to provide clear and transparent information about how we handle the processing of your data.
Why we collect personal information:
As a staffing agency we introduce candidates to clients for Temporary worker placements, independent professional contracts and permanent employment. Database of the candidates and client data is recorded/stored in-order to support our candidate’s careers aspirations and our clients resourcing needs. The exchange of personal data of the candidates to the clients is a vital part of this process.
The primary purpose for collecting your personal information is to process your employment application, maintain your employee records and to administer your employment. We may also need to collect your information if we are legally required to do so, under the applicable law.
What information may be collected:
In order to provide you with job seeking services we need to collect personal information from you. We gather your information in the following ways:
- Your information may be obtained on your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, content from surveys and contact forms and other communication data and the resources that you access; If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence as well.
- Your information may be collected through the users of the Website aggregated for direct marketing via e-mail, messaging or telephone, but you may at any time opt-out of receiving future marketing communication.
- When you send an application to us via e-mail, online or post, conduct reference and / or police checks.
Personal information collected, stored and processed by IDC will be limited to that used to match candidates with potential positions, employ individuals, offer candidates placement at its customers, refer for employment to a customer, provide general work seeking services, perform employment data analysis, or is necessary for the performance of other requirements when acting as an employer, hirer, or employment agency.
The information shall include but not be limited to Contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address), nationality and work permit status, Date of birth, Employment, Education information, Professional credentials, licenses, information provided by references, financial and tax related information, Employee identification number, BGV tests, Benefits selections, potentially including health insurance and retirement planning information, Biometric data, employee benefits.
Additional personal information will also be collected during the course of your employment to manage your on-going employment relationship. Examples may include time attendance, leave requests, medical certificates, performance appraisals, etc.
In most circumstances personal information will be collected directly from you. In some circumstances information about you may be provided by third parties, such as executive search firms or third party recruitment providers. In order to collect this information about you, we make use of "Cookies" and "Web Beacons" that collect information when you enter our website.
By submitting information to us, you agree that at no time will we, our owners, directors, officers, employees, customers or agents, be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information except by us. We do not make any representations or warranties of any kind about the potential employers and others identified in this Policy as potentially receiving your information, and cannot be held responsible for how they, in turn, use your information. We make no representations or warranties about your likelihood of success in finding employment via this website, or remaining employed once you have accepted a position. We cannot be held responsible in any way for any actions or inactions on the part of an employer found by you via this website that may be deemed illegal or inappropriate.
Use of personal information:
IDC Technologies shall process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner as per the applicable local laws. Your Personal information gathered or collected by IDC shall be used for managing processes associated with your employment. The information held by IDC may be used lawfully for the following purposes/reasons.
- To fulfil a contract, we have with you
- When you consent to it
- To ensure that the Content and Services provided through the Website are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- When it is in our legitimate interest (we have a business or commercial reason)
- When it is our legal duty or vital to protect someone’s life
Personal information collected or held by IDC will be used for managing processes associated with your employment. These activities may include the following:
- Recruitment, selection and appointment functions
- Payroll processing
- Ongoing human resources management such as; Superannuation, administration of Workplace health, safety and workers compensation, Staff training and development, Staff appraisals, probation and promotion
- IDC may also use personal information in order to deal with management of grievances or disciplinary procedures, for the recovery of debts
IDC may disclose your information to third parties in the following circumstances.
- Your personal information may be shared onto a third-party provider that IDC may have engaged to perform functions on its behalf including but not limited to administrative functions associated with our business activities alone. Such recipients will only have access to data necessary to perform their obligations, and are not permitted to use such data for any other purposes. These recipients will be subject to contractual confidentiality obligations
- We may disclose your information to the advertiser of the job only after receiving your consent to do so. Advertisers are Companies who have agreed to Terms and Conditions of Business to process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner following data protection law
- We will disclose the information you provide in your chat message to the recruiter who invited you to chat. The said personnel are also subject to IDC’s data protection policy
- We may disclose your personal information with a third-party to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or court order
- We may disclose your personal information if we enter into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity
Security and Control of Personal Information:
IDC uses a variety of safeguards to protect your information from misuse, loss, alteration and destruction. Reasonable steps are adopted to store/possess accurate data. IDC shall not disclose any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
We hold the personal information on secure systems managed by IDC. Appropriate measures are taken to prevent our users from unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of information that we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical and security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems
- We restrict access to personal information to IDC Technologies employees and software providers who need to use your information to provide our services or respond to your requests
- We train our staff on how to keep your information secure and private
- IDC Technologies Inc Ltd will report and take steps outlined by the data protection law if your information is part of a security breach
Disclosure of information outside the Local Jurisdiction:
Your information may be accessed by our staff working within and outside the Local Jurisdiction and third-party companies that we may use to provide part of our services and who may be located outside the Local Jurisdiction. Both our staff and third-parties are obligated to keep your information safe and private.
In case any data is required to be shared with any third party agencies situated outside the local Jurisdiction, such information may only be shared after receiving consent for the same.
With respect to the processing of your Personal Data, you will always have the rights as provided by the applicable local law. In addition, this Policy provides you with the following rights:
- Right to access: This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that IDC holds about you and the reason for which it is being processed & disclosed.
- Right to request correction and deletion: Subject to applicable local laws, you may be entitled to request IDC to rectify, delete or block (as appropriate) your Personal Data that is incorrect, incomplete or unnecessary. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data in-order to comply with local laws. However, the only reason we would be unable to delete information at your request is where there is a legitimate legal reason why we are obligated to keep it.
- Right to data portability: Subject to the applicable local law, you may be entitled to receive a copy of certain Personal Data in a commonly used machine-readable format. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Right to object: You may have the right to object on processing your personal data on this ground that it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Despite your objections, IDC may be required or permitted by law to process your Personal Data. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which over-ride your rights and freedoms.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to require IDC to restrict it from processing your Personal Data in the following circumstances (1) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (2) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (3) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (4) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. During the restricted processing period, IDC will only process the Personal Data for storage purposes, with your consent, for the establishment, defence or exercise of legal claims, or other purposes permitted by law.
- Remedies in case of a violation: You are entitled to all rights and remedies provided by the applicable law of Land. Generally, you should seek redressal in respect of violation of this Policy from IDC which originally collected the relevant Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where the data processing is based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of that consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on that consent prior to its withdrawal.
- IDC Technologies Inc. stores cookie when you visit our website www.idctechnologies.com . This cookie simply allows our website to deliver the best experience to you personally and does not provide any tracking or functionality outside of the www.idctechnologies.com website. With this cookie we can remember your last search when you return and maintain your search preferences
- We do not use analytics or tracking system(s) to provide anonymous information for reporting purposes within www.idctechnologies.com. We also confirm that we do not share your information with anyone outside www.idctechnologies.com
- What is a cookie? Cookies are text files containing information which is downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie depending on the website policy. Cookies allow the website to recognise user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions. The data collected will differ in size depending on individual website policy
- If you are ever redirected from our website to any other website or websites, then it is highly likely that other websites may have cookies which may be used for various purposes. It is up to you to decide what actions to take on other websites. Please note that we do not receive any cookie related data collected by other website or websites
- With cookies disabled you will be able to use the core services provided by the www.idctechnologies.com website
How to access, change, delete or obtain a copy of your information:
IDC is the controller of your information. If you have any queries about your Personal Data, we request you to primarily contact the relevant recruiting personnel through provided contacts or channels.
In case you wish to exercise your rights as described above, you may request in writing. IDC may need to identify you and to ask for additional information to be able to fulfil your request. Such requests shall be answered by IDC within the timeframes required under the applicable local laws or, in the absence of such timeframes, within a reasonable time.
The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. We also encourage you to contact us to ensure your data is accurate and complete. For any of the above please write to DPO@ idctechnologies.com.
If you have a grievance about the way your personal information is being managed by IDC, or have any privacy concerns you should contact IDC’s Data Protection Officer at:Email: DPO@ idctechnologies.com Phone: 1844-IDCTECH Postal Address IDC Technologies, INC. 920 Hillview Court, Suite 250, Milpitas CA 95035